If you’re looking for somewhere to have a great family getaway, with the upcoming school holidays, Autumn is a fantastic time of year at Lennox Head and the Northern Rivers region.
Without the strong heat and humidity of summer, it’s the perfect time of year to explore this beautiful region.
Family things to do around Lennox Head:
- Enjoy one of the many adventure activities in the area like learn to surf, stand-up paddle boarding, hot air ballooning, horse riding on the beach and much more.
- Visit the Lennox Head hinterland – with World-Heritage listed rainforests and National Parks, waterfalls, wildlife and quaint country villages. Note: always check the National Parks NSW website for any alerts or park closures before visiting.
- Visit the Macadamia Castle and animal park – not just about nuts, there’s a petting zoo, crazy golf, bird shows and more.
- Walk up the Lennox Head headland where you’ll be treated with panoramic views – you can even see the Cape Byron Lighthouse in the distance on a clear day. It’s a great place to watch the local surfers, spot dolphins and even whales (seasonal).
- Try fishing on Seven Mile Beach or many river spots around Ballina (you must have a recreational fishing license). See more about fishing around the Lennox Head area here.
- There’s also ten pin bowling & cinemas to visit in the area for indoor activities. See our Kids activities page here.
- Visit one of the local markets in the area -there’s at least one on every week. See more here.